MIXED BEAN CHILLI
A DELICIOUS MEAT-FREE CHILLI RECIPE FROM JOE WICKS'
"This a great recipe for those days when you don’t fancy eating meat and want a veggie option" says Joe.
1 tbsp oil
Small red onion, finely diced
Yellow pepper, de-seeded and finely diced
Courgette, finely diced
6 tsp Cajun spice mix
1 tsp ground cumin
½ tsp ground cinnamon
400g tin of chopped tomatoes
8 tbsp tomato puree
150ml vegetable stock
400g tin of mixed pulses and beans in water, drained
salt and pepper
1. Melt the oil in a wide non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add the onion, pepper, courgette, Cajun spice mix, cumin and cinnamon and stir-fry for 2–3 minutes.
2. Add the tomatoes, puree, stock and the tin of mixed pulses and beans and bring to the boil. Cook over a medium to high heat for 6–8 minutes, or until thickened. Season well and remove from the heat.
3. Meanwhile, make the guacamole by mixing all the ingredients in a bowl. Season well.
4. Spoon the chilli into a wide bowl.
5. Serve with a spoon of sour cream and guacamole.